Bullying Stops Here
(Anti-Bullying Speaker for Lower or Upper Elementary)
So many kids throw the “bullying flag” without really understanding what bullying is (and what it isn’t). In Bullying Stops Here, Tom presents the topic in a way that kids can understand and can immediately apply to their lives. Using his own story he shows how giving bullies a negative reaction only adds fuel to the fire. And more importantly, he gives them practical steps for how to respond with respect, so students learn how to speak up for themselves and for others. When students discover the power of being an “upstander” they start to prevent bullying at their school. View Tom’s Press Pack »
Your Students Will Learn…
- How to understand the bullying definition from stopbullying.gov
- How to identify the four types of bullying
- How to speak up with respect (for themselves and for others)
- When to get help from a trusted adult
Creating a Culture of Character
Character Speaker for Lower or Upper Elementary
Positive school culture isn’t built by posters and t-shirts alone. Instead, it comes from the attitudes and actions of every person in the school. In this session Tom shows students how to “Be The Change” on their campus. When they see something that needs to change, that’s when they need to “be the change.” And that means taking positive action so everyone knows they matter at school. Using his personal life story Tom shows how character is built by the little choices we make every day and how making these positive choices is the key to Creating a Culture of Character. View Tom’s Press Pack »
Your Students Will Learn…
- How to make positive choices that lead to positive character
- How to identify bullying and how to respond with respect
- How to have positive self-esteem in any situation
- When to “Be The Change” at their schoo
The Victimproof Bullying Prevention Program is designed to be complimentary with the following research-based programs for character education and bullying prevention:
- PBIS: Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports teaches kids the three-step process of: Stop, Walk, Talk.
- StopBullying.Gov: National bullying definition and types. Guide to bullying prevention programs for elementary schools.
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program: Bullying prevention and violence prevention curriculum for schools.
- Character Counts®: Social and emotional learning program for schools teaches the 6 Pillars of Character®
- PATHS: (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies) is a Social Emotional Learning Program for kindergarten through upper elementary.