The Victimproof Anti-Bullying Program
Tom Thelen’s Victimproof School Assembly helps students end bullying and cyberbullying from the inside out. The program teaches students the Top Three SOLUTIONS FOR STUDENTS to prevent bullying and cyberbullying (Become Victimproof, Set Boundaries, and Be The Change). At the heart of the Anti-BullyingAssembly are practical steps for students to build self-esteem, develop resiliency, and establish a culture of kindness at their school. Youth Speaker Tom Thelen tells the story of how he was bullied as a young teen, and how his poor choices led to self-destructive behavior. Thankfully the guidance of one teacher helped turn his life around. Click here to read an excerpt from Tom’s new book: Victimproof.
Bullying, violence, depression, and other at risk behaviors have one thing in common – a lack of character in the lives of students. This interactive school assembly program gives students the tools to overcome bullying with peer leadership, positive choices, and character development. The program is designed to comply with national standards and research-based programs for bullying and cyberbullying prevention. Upon conclusion, teachers are given a sheet of discussion questions for follow-up in the classroom as well as access to a 12-month video curriculum follow up program. Preview the follow up program at Victimproof.org.
Your students will learn…
- How to recognize bullying, as defined by StopBullying.Gov.
- When to stand up, when to walk away, and when to tell a trusted adult.
- Practical steps for building self-esteem and developing resiliency.
- How to prevent bullying through peer leadership and school culture.
- How to “BE THE CHANGE” on their school campus.
The Victimproof Anti-Bullying Program is designed to comply with the following national standards and research-based programs for character education, bullying prevention, and cyberbullying prevention:
- StopBullying.Gov: Guide to research-based bullying prevention and cyberbullying prevention programs. Key components in state anti-bullying laws.
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program: Pioneering bullying prevention and violence prevention resources for schools.
- Character Counts®: Character Education based social and emotional learning program for schools teaches the 6 Pillars of Character®
- Steps to Respect: Bullying Prevention Program based on character education model. Focuses on creating healthy boundaries.
- PBIS: Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports teaches students three-step process of: Stop, Walk, Talk.
- PATHS: (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies) is a Social Emotional Learning Program for kindergarten through upper elementary.
- DARE to Keep Kids of Drugs: International drug and violence prevention program.
- National Conference of State Legislatures: Comprehensive list of states with anti-bullying and cyberbullying legislation and links to the legislation.
- 11 Principals of Effective Character Education®: Character Education Partnership: Leading a national call to character.
- North Carolina Character Education Handbook: Informational handbook and guide for schools seeking to create a character education policy.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: Research-Based Model for Bullying Prevention Policies and Intervention Planning.
- Maine Best Practices in Bullying and Harassment Prevention: Evidence-Based Guide for School Bully Prevention Policies.
- Safe and Sound®: An Educational Leader’s Guide to Evidence-Based Social and Emotional (SEL) Programs.