The Victimproof Anti-Bullying Program
Tom Thelen’s Victimproof School Assembly helps students end bullying and cyberbullying from the inside out. The program teaches students the Top Three SOLUTIONS FOR STUDENTS to prevent bullying and cyberbullying (Become Victimproof, Set Boundaries, and Be The Change). At the heart of the Anti-BullyingAssembly are practical steps for students to build self-esteem, develop resiliency, and establish a culture of kindness at their school. Youth Speaker Tom Thelen tells the story of how he was bullied as a young teen, and how his poor choices led to self-destructive behavior. Thankfully the guidance of one teacher helped turn his life around. Click here to read an excerpt from Tom’s new book: Victimproof.
Bullying, violence, depression, and other at risk behaviors have one thing in common – a lack of character in the lives of students. This interactive school assembly program gives students the tools to overcome bullying with peer leadership, positive choices, and character development. The program is designed to comply with national standards and research-based programs for bullying and cyberbullying prevention. Upon conclusion, teachers are given a sheet of discussion questions for follow-up in the classroom as well as access to a 12-month video curriculum follow up program. Preview the follow up program at Victimproof.org.
Your students will learn…
- How to recognize bullying, as defined by StopBullying.Gov.
- When to stand up, when to walk away, and when to tell a trusted adult.
- Practical steps for building self-esteem and developing resiliency.
- How to prevent bullying through peer leadership and school culture.
- How to “BE THE CHANGE” on their school campus.
- StopBullying.gov – U.S. government site defining bullying and cyberbullying.
- ESSA – The Every Student Succeeds Act by the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence – A leading promoter of SEL programs.
- No Bullying Schools – One of America’s top evidence-based programs for bullying prevention with an anonymous reporting app and video curriculum.
- Mental Health 101 – Leading whole-school curriculum on mental health and wellbeing with a textbook and teacher’s guide in English, Spanish, & Chinese.
- DARE to Keep Kids of Drugs – Drug and violence prevention program.
- Safe and Sound® – An Educational Leader’s Guide to Evidence-Based Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Programs.
- Second Step – A leading social and emotional learning program.
- Restorative Practices – Framework to address student behavioral issues.
- National Conference of State Legislatures – Comprehensive list of states with anti-bullying and cyberbullying legislation and links to the legislation.
- Edutopia – Free video lessons and practical case studies from educators.
- Kickboard – A Partner with PowerSchool Student Information Systems.
- 7 Mindsets – Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Curriculum and Training.
- Massachusetts Department of Education – Research-Based Model for Positive School Climate and Intervention Planning.
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program – Violence Prevention Works.
- 11 Principals of Effective Character Education®: Character Education Partnership: Leading a national call to character.
- Steps to Respect: Bullying Prevention Program based on character education model. Focuses on creating healthy boundaries.
- Panorama – Linking SEL with Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- RethinkEd – SEL promoting well-being, connectedness, and success.
- North Carolina Character Education Handbook – Informational handbook and guide for schools seeking to create a character education policy.
- Culturally Responsive Education – Framework for making learning accessible.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call or Text 800-273-8255
- Character Counts® – Social and emotional learning program for schools teaches the 6 Pillars of Character®
- PATHS – (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies) is a Social Emotional Learning Program for kindergarten through upper elementary.
- CASEL – The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning.
- RTI2 – Response to Instruction and Intervention (framework).
- MTSS – Multi-Tiered System of Support (framework).
- PBIS – Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (framework).